The weather is gorgeous and I feel compelled to be outside. I walk around with my clippers and snip here and there and have decided to get organized. so here are my garden chores:
- Prune those pesky suckers under the live oak tree.
- Prune the Crepe Myrtle Tree so that it doesn’t affect the cable TV wire next spring
- Remove the dead holly that didn’t make it through the summer and replace (fall is a great time to plant shrubs)
- Plant daffodil bulbs (but not until November)
- Turn the compost and remove the compost that is ready
- Spread compost in the cutting garden and shade garden
- Remove tree seedlings from the vinca minor bed
- Cut back the lilies and cannas for the winter
- Fertilize acid loving plants
- Remove any dead plants in front landscape
- Mulch front landscape
- Build up azalea bed
- Clean out pots and add soil to compost
- Prune roses and tie up climbing rose branches
- Weed beds in the front landscape
- Plant fall flowers in annual bed
Whew. You would think just reading this list would make me tired but actually I am looking forward for the chance to get out there and garden. That’s when you know you are hooked.
Addictive Gardening and remember to “bee” positive!